Camillus Kukri Machete Blade Blank and Sheath, both made in USA
For the Discerning Craftsman
Tactical Edge Solutions recently acquired some fine blade blanks from the Camillus factory in New York due to its closure last year. These blade blanks are not normally available to the public, as they were intended to be finished in the factory.
However, now that Camillus has closed, discerning craftsmen have the unusual opportunity to obtain first-rate, American-made blade blanks and customize them into unique, collectible knives of the highest calibre.
Needless to say, these blanks will be available only for a short time, since t are no more being made. We are selling stock that happened to be in the factory when the doors were closed; when they're gone, they're gone for good.
This item is a heat-treated Carbon Steel Camillus Kukri machete blade blank. It measures 17" overall (measured straight, not along the curve of the blade) and the blade measures 12 1/2" (also measured straight). It is made from a very substantial metal billet and is 1/4" spine thickness. It is ground (except for the tip) and polished but has not received a final sharpening. This blank was most likely manufactured for Cold Steel, but t is no tang stamp. Some of these blanks have the excess material at the point, as in the picture, and some have been ground to a fine point. If you have a preference, please specify and we will accomodate you if it is possible.
Also included is a black leather kukri sheath. It has wood spacers (the part that comes in contact with the edge and the spine) and the leather is exceptionally thick and tough. It has a belt loop, snap closure, and leg tie. Please note that the blade blank is a very tight squeeze into this sheath because no material has been removed from the blade, since it is unsharpened. If you grind a good edge on it and remove about 1/8" of material, the fit will be just right because the blade will be slightly smaller. (Alternatively, you could do a bevel grind on the blade's spine.) This sheath is American made.
TERMS OF SALE
At Tactical Edge Solutions we only sell high-end knives and blanks that we personally understand and believe in. We do not sell items from inferior manufacturers or any cheap imports or clones.
We have been selling high-end tactical knives on eBay since 2006, and all our customers have been very pleased. Please check our feedback if you like.
The following Terms of Sale apply to this auction; by bidding you agree that:
1. You are 18 years of age or older;
2. You agree to pay within seven days at the close of the close of auction via Paypal, and that an Unpaid Item Dispute will be filed if payment is not received within seven days of the close of the auction.
3. You agree to ask and resolve all questions before bidding, including questions about shipping; if you are unwilling to pay the shipping charges, please do not bid.
4. We will accept returns if the knife is found to be defective in materials and workmanship. We are not responsible for damage in transit; purchase the optional shipping insurance if you wish. You will be responsible for shipping charges to return the knife to us if it is defective.
5. Insurance is not available on international orders.
6. IMPORTANT: If you choose not to purchase shipping insurance, you assume the full risk of loss during shipping. We will not provide a refund for items lost during shipping if the customer does not purchase shipping insurance. Once the item is in transit it is no longer our responsibility. All domestic orders are shipped via USPS with tracking and delivery confirmation. International customers please note: Customs forms will be accurately filled out. We are not responsible for items lost, stolen, or seized by Customs. By bidding on this item you are affirming that you are in compliance with your country's laws.
Q. Has this blade been heat treated, tempered, or hardened?
A. The answer is Maybe. All these Camillus blad...