W.S. GEORGE AND COMPANY
PRESENTS: "RED TAILED HAWK"
BY: CHARLES FRACE
FOURTH ISSUE IN THE COLLECTION TITLED SOARING MAJESTY
Soaring on a thermal draft above a craggy mountainside, a Red-tailed hawk-keen-eyed master of the wind-hangs motionless, about to land upon a lofty, spare branched tree. As it wheels and glides above its forest home, its splendid russet tail glows luminously in the light of the distant sun.
In celebration of this master of the wind, acclaimed wildlife artist Charles Frace presents a vivid portrait of the bird in "Red-Tailed Hawk" Plate Four in the Soaring Majesty series of limited-edition collector's plates, produced under the hallmark of W.S. George.
One of the largest and most familiar hawks, the Red-tailed can be seen throughout North American, soaring above mountains and coasting on updrafts over rolling plains. It hunts from high, steadfastly hanging immobile in the wind, and then swooping swiftly when it sights its prey. Red-tailed hawks feed primarily on rodents, playing an important role in the ecological chain. But small featd and scaled creatures that turn their backs on a meal-minded hawk also fall within its varied range of prey.
This gorgeous plate number is: 1830A. It measures about 8-1/2 inches in diameter and is banded in 22-karat gold.
The plate is in MINT condition. It comes with the Certificate, pamphlet and original box.
A lovely collectible plate for the bird of prey lover.
We will be pleased to combine shipping for multiple items. Check out my other items ! Be sure to add me to your favorites list !
BY BIDDING ON THIS ITEM YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) YOU WON!! You MUST contact me within three (3) days after close of auction and let me know how you intend to pay for the item you won. This communication will keep me informed and I won't have to file a "NON-PAYER ALERT FORM". If you need time to send a Money Order, just let me know. DO NOT PAY FOR ITEM UNTIL YOU RECEIVE MY INVOICE-PROMPT PAYMENT IS A MUST.
2) BID RETRACTIONS: Follow the Ebay Policy on "Bid Retractions". Once the auction has ended a bid retraction request will not be allowed and you will be expected to honor your Bid and Payment.
3) DESCRIPTIONS: We try to be as clear as possible on describing an item. If you need "clarifications" and/or more photos it is your responsibility to contact me. Asking to retract you bid AFTER it is closed based on you not understanding the posting is not acceptable.
4) PAYMENT AND SHIPPING : Attention local bidders please note: I do not accept "will call" pick ups and NO personal checks. The item will be shipped when the payment is cleared and deposited into by personal bank account. It takes Paypal 3 to 4 days to release your payment and deposit it into my bank account. Due to a few dishonest buyers and bounced payments, I am forced to hold the items for about 4 to 5 days to make sure the payment has been deposited into my bank and that the payment was not withdrawn due to a fraudulent buyer bank account.
5) HANDLING FEES: T will be a small fee for Delivery Confirmation and packing materials which is based on the size and weight of the packaged items. This fee can range from $2.00 to $5.00 and is in addition to the actual shipping costs. All shipments include a Delivery Confirmation Number which can be tracked at .
6) INSURANCE: Insurance is strongly recommended, as I will not be responsible for lost or damaged items. I promise to pack with care, but I have no control once the package leaves my hands.
7) MEDIA MAIL: Books, tapes, and other "media" related items will be shipped using "Media Mail". This can take 7 to 9 more days. Priority is faster however costs more.
8) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Please do not ask me to alter or change the custom form as I will not do so. Also, I may have to take your boxed item to the Post Office for a shipping cost PRIOR to sending you the Ebay Invoice.
9) R...... read more