Powered by Frooition Pro full size. Full Size Image Where There's Smoke There's Cheech & Chong (Anthology) [PA] [Digipak] - CD Boxset NEW Artist: Cheech & Chong Runtime: Not Available # CDs in Boxset: 2 Retail Price: $16.95
Tracks Details Notes Reviews
2. Blind Melon Chitlin'
3. Wink Dinkerson
4. Acapulco Gold Filters
5. Crusin' With Pedro de Pacas
6. Trippin' in Court
7. Santa Claus and His Old Lady
8. Sister Mary Elephant
9. Ralph and Herbie
10. Continuing Adventures of Pedro de Pacas and Man, The
11. Let's Make a Dope Deal
12. Sargent Stadanko
13. Strawberry Revival Festival, The
14. Evelyn Woodhead Speed Reading Course
15. White World of Sports
16. Basketball Jones - (featuring Tyrone Shoelaces)
17. Pedro and Man at the Drive-Inn
1. Earache My Eye - (featuring Alice Bowie)
2. Championship Wrestling
3. Wake up America
4. Black Lassie (A Great American Dog) - (featuring Johnny Stash)
5. Wake up America
6. (How I Spent My Summer Vacation) Or a Day at the Beach With Pedro ...
7. Big Sniff, The - (featuring Ralph & Herbie)
8. Pedro's Request
10. Up in Smoke
11. Bloat On - (featuring Bloaters)
12. Let's Make a New Dope Deal
14. Moe Money/Ralph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Moe Money / Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
15. Born in East L.A.
16. Up in Smoke Commercial (I) - (previously unreleased, featuring Horrendo Revolver)
17. Up in Smoke Commercial (II) - (previously unreleased, featuring Saydis Saydat)
18. Academy of Music/NY Concert Commercial - (previously unreleased, featuring Tyrone Shoelaces)
19. Old Man in the Park - (previously unreleased, live) Tracks Details Notes Reviews
Tracks Details Notes Reviews
Cheech & Chong: Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong.
Producer: Lou Adler.
Compilation producers: Barry Hansen, Bill Inglot, Lou Adler.
Includes liner notes by Barry Hansen.
Digitally remastered by Dan Hersch (Digiprep).
Personnel: Danny Kortchmar, Waddy Wachtel (guitar); David Sanborn, Tom Scott (saxophone); Nicky Hopkins (piano); Carole King (electric piano); Billy Preston (organ); Jai Winding (keyboards); Rick Marotta (drums); Jim Keltner (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Jim Root.
Audio Remasterer: Dan Hersch.
Liner Note Author: Barry Hansen.
Recording information: A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA; Andre Studios, Montreal, Canada; Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY; Ken Nordine Studios, Chicago, IL; Location Recording Services, Burbank, CA; Paul's Mall; Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, CA; Sunset Sound Factory, Hollywood, CA; Surf Bowl Recording, Malibu; Village Recorders, West Los Angeles, CA.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Darlene Love; David Bluefield; Scott Harper; Jean King; Sherry Goffin; Rae Dawn Chong; Ricky Fataar; Scott Smith; Tim Weston.
Arrangers: Tom Scott; David Foster.
This double-CD anthology of Cheech & Chong's work properly leans on the albums they did for Ode in the early and mid-'70s, adding a few tracks from their late-'70s/early-'80s stint on Warner Bros. and the 1985 single (and small pop hit) "Born in East L.A." It being a Rhino compilation, you naturally get a few extras, too: the non-LP 1971 Christmas single "Santa Claus and His Old Lady," two commercials for the Up in Smoke film, a concert commercial (with the Tyrone Shoelaces character of "Basketball Jones" fame), and a 1972 live sketch, "Old Man in the Park" (which was never included on any of their albums). There are also extensive liner notes by Barry Hansen (aka Dr. Demento), who of course has played many of those songs over the years on his radio show. But overall this stuff is more juvenile than it is funny. Actually, the duo had (just a bit) more range than they were given credit for, with a facility for musical satire in cuts like the elderly bluesman parody "Blind Melon Chitlin'," the update of Leiber & Stoller's "Framed," the Top Ten hit "Earache My Eye" (possibly an influence on Spin...