F & L KAHNANTIQUE GAS PARLOR STOVE This is for an original antique gas parlor stove by the F & L Kahn & Bros. Stove Co. A Little History: Lazard and Felix Kahn moved their stove foundry operation from Hanging Rock, Ohio to Hamilton in 1884. Shortly afterwards, their market greatly expanded to include the entire United States and shipments to Europe and the Far East. The company began making gas stoves in 1888 and the name was changed to Estate Stove Company in 1905.
Estate was purchased by RCA in 1952 and then by Whirlpool-Seeger in 1955. They closed the Hamilton plant in 1962. Over the lifetime of the company, they made wood and coal burning cookstoves, gas cookstoves, parlor heating stoves, the more modern Heatrola Stoves, and gas furnaces.This is one old stove that we are selling for either parts or repair. T is only one foot, so it missing three. (We have been contacted and t is a person who has the other three feet and also an ornament, and we can put buyer in contact with him). The receptacles they fit into are intact. As shown in the photos the left sidepiece has been broken off and will need to be re-attached. The burners are included but not shown. This is a Triple Effect Original No. 70 by The Estate Stove Co. Hamilton, Ohio USA. It reads 9 Pat. April 1895. The backside ... read more