Out of Print. Made in EU. Still Sealed and in Mint Condition.
4-CD box set plus Japan only booklet. As item is still sealed it has the info sticker on the back side as shown in photo #2. Included in the box set is the illustrated booklet containing extensive notes, unseen photos & memorabilia.
DISC 1: THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY (LIVE):
1. Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, The
2. Fly on a Windshield
3. Broadway Melody of 1974
4. Cuckoo Cocoon
5. In the Cage
6. Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging, The
7. Back in N.Y.C.
8. Hairless Heart
9. Counting Out Time
10. Carpet Crawlers
11. Chamber of 32 Doors, The
1. Lilywhite Lilith
2. Waiting Room, The
4. Here Comes the Supernatural Anaesthetist
5. Lamia, The
6. Silent Sorrow in Empty Boats
7. The Colony of Slippermen: The Arrival / A Visit To The Doktor / Raven
9. Light Dies Down on Broadway, The
10. Riding the Scree
11. In the Rapids
1. Dancing With the Moonlit Knight
2. Firth of Fifth
3. More Fool Me
4. Supper's Ready
5. I Know What I Like
7. Twilight Alehouse - (B-Side)
8. Happy the Man - (single)
9. Watcher of the Skies - (remix)
1. In the Wilderness - (1968 rough mix, without strings)
2. Shepherd - (1970 BBC "Nightride" session)
3. Pacidy - (1970 BBC "Nightride" session)
4. Let Us Now Make Love - (1970 BBC "Nightride" session)
5. Going Out to Get You - (1969 demo)
6. Dusk - (1969 demo)
7. Build Me a Mountain - (1968 rough mix)
8. Image Blown Out - (1968 Rough mix)
9. One Day - (1968 Rough remix)
10. Where the Sour Turns to Sweet - (1968 demo)
11. In the Beginning - (1968 demo)
12. Magic of Time, The - (1968 demo)
13. Hey! - (1968 demo)
14. Hidden in the World of Dawn - (1968 demo)
15. Sea Bee - (1968 demo)
16. Mystery of the Flannan Isle Lighthouse, The - (1968 demo)
17. Hair on the Arms and Legs - (1968 demo)
18. She Is Beautiful (A.K.A. "The Serpent") - (1967 demo)
19. Try a Little Sadness - (1967 demo)
20. Patricia (A.K.A. "In Hiding") - (1967 demo)
GENESIS ARCHIVE covers the years 1967 through 1975. DISCS 1 and 2 contain a live rendition of THE LAMB LIES DOWN ON BROADWAY (recorded at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium on April 24, 1974), while DISCS 3 and 4 contain old tracks, demos, B-sides and songs recorded at BBC radio sessions. In addition, a 80-page booklet with photos of all phases of the Gabriel years starting with the band's first recording sessions done for UK producer Jonathan King will be part of this package.
Genesis: Peter Gabriel (vocals, flute, percussion); Mike Rutherford (guitar, bass); Steve Hackett, (guitar); Tony Banks (piano, keyboards); Phil Collins, John Silver, John Mayhew (drums).
Engineers include: Nick Davis, Geoff Callingham.
Includes liner notes by Tony Banks, Jonathan King, Chris Welch, Richard McPhail, Dave Stopps.
This four-disc box will be a revelation to latecomers who believe that Genesis began and ended with Phil Collins. It will be a godsend to those who already know better. GENESIS ARCHIVE contains live cuts, demos and other previously-unreleased material by the band from their creative heyday. With vocalist Peter Gabriel at the helm, the band managed the difficult task of adding both sociopolitical relevance and real rock and roll excitement to '70s progressive rock.
On live versions of classic cuts like "I Know What I Like" and "Firth of Fifth," Gabriel and company offer more energy than on the recorded versions without sacrificing any of the band's vaunted instrumental delicacy. The late-'60s demos of such tunes as "In The Wilderness" and "Build Me A Mountain" offer an illuminating glimpse of the group before they began exploiting the more electronic end of music technology. The centerpiece of this set, though, is a full live recording of the band's celebrated conceptual piece...