This auction is for a very beautiful vintage 70s hanging swag lamp in the style of an old fashioned oil/kerosene lamp. It is a unique double lamp - light on the bottom and a separate light on the top. You have have one or the other on or both. It has a key on the side to turn it off or on. The cord has a chain over it (the chain can be taken off too). I sold this type of lamp at a retail store in the early 70s. The colors are in wonderful bright condition with no sun fading. It measures as follows:
- Clear on top/frosted on the bottom Chimney - no cracks or chips - 10" tall
- Large top shade - is 8" tall and measures 41" across the largest part of the shade. You can feel the painted design on the glass so
I am assuming it was handpainted. T are no cracks or marks on the shade. It has a rough edge on the inside w it fits into
the frame but you cannot see that - only when you remove it and feel it with your fingers do you know that the glass is cut rough -
I try hard to describe everything honestly so you can "feel it with your eyes reading the description" plus t is a very tiny
paint flake on the edge that cannot be seen at all unless you remove it from the frame and look at it very closely. We will
include the bulbs with it - they will be wrapped separately.
- Small bottom light - glass measures 4.5" and has an open bottom for the light to shine through - no cracks or chips
- Chain/Cord - the cord is 18 feet (yes 18 feet long) - the cord is still soft and no cracks like so many vintage lamps with chains because the chain eats through the cord many times on older lamps if you are not careful. The plug is still in good condition.
- Frame is a finished brass look and measures 10" across
- T is a fancy metal top at the top of the chain.
We will be shipping this by UPS Ground in a large box.
It is from a non-smoking home. Thank you for looking. Please let me know if you need more info or pictures or if I am wrong in my description or title.
Please note: I ALWAYS COMBINE SHIPPING and try hard to find the cheapest way to ship to you safety.
Please note I do NOT add a handling fee - only postage charge.
International customers - please e-mail me for a postage quote - however note that this will be very expensive to ship internationally because of the size and the weight.
Our return policy: please contact us immediately if you have any problems or if you are not satisfied with your purchase. We will work with you to make you a satisfied customer.
Please note I will ship your purchase immediately upon receipt of payment.