Philippine Campaign Service Medal #3369

Authorized January 1905, red/blue ribbon, rim No.3369, issued to P.H. Murphy, Pvt., K Troop. 4th Cavalry on February 18, 1908. Organized in 1855 as the 1st Cavalry, the 4th Cavalry (renumbered in 1861) was conspicuously active during the Indian Wars and was the first regiment to arrive at Manila in August 1898, serving under Major General Lawton, a former 4th cavalryman (Capt., B Troop) responsible for the capture of Geronimo. The 4th remained heavily engaged in the Philippines until September 1901 having taken part in 119 skirmishes and battles. The regiment returned to the Philippines for a second tour lasting from 1905-1907.
Condition: Evidence of prior cleaning with patina now returning, G+. Silk ribbon with wear.