Polish Pewter Beer Stein Ornate 95% Sn Unique

  • Sold for: Start FREE Trial! or Sign In to see what it's worth.
  • Item Category: Alcohol & Smoking
  • Source: eBay
  • Sold Date: Feb 28,2008
  • Channel: Online Auction

Up for bids is a rather unique Polish Pewter Beer Stein I picked up in a Warsaw Tourist Trap store while visiting Poland in 1999. It measures 7 3/4 inches tall and 4 1/2 inches wide at the widest part of the handle. It is marked 95% Sn (tin) on the bottom. I imagine the other 5% is probably copper, because it is common to combine tin and copper to form the pewter. T is a picture of a building with the words "Kazienki Krolewskie Palac Na Wodzie" in raised letters. Next to that relief is another building with the words: "Belweder W Warszawie" in raised letters. The 3rd relief is a "mermaid" type figure yielding a sword in the center of a crest type relief. I think the nicest part of the whole stein is the eagle with its wings streached out. The bird measures about 2 x 1 1/2 inches. It weighs 1 lbs 4 ozs and with packing 2 pounds. It is sold "as-is" and if you have any questions please email me prior to bidding... Thanks for looking and Good Luck Bidding!!!

If you have a moment, please check out my ebay store for other unusual treasures from my worldly travels!!

Items in the Worthopedia are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs.

Relevant Articles