Pre-Castro Tobacco Cuban Cigars Series 1958 Handmade in the Dominican Republic. This is truly a rare find and a highly sought after piece of collectible tobacco history. Pre-Castro or Pre-Embargo Cuban tobacco cigars are considered as collectors items and turn among a few hands around the world. The value of this item is solely in its collectible packaging, the bands, and the wood box. Also these cigars were once owned by the current Secretary of Commerce Carlos Guiterriez Sr. They were passed down to his son and then I bought them from him-- he was my roomate. I do not know much about this particular series or brand but I do know you can't get any collectible set of Pre-castro cigars for less than 100 dollars. Sometimes they run 70 dollars per cigar. The bands have not been removed from the cigars they were packaged with, however the tobacco is strictly not for consumption.Before you bid on this item, you must follow and understand the e-bay policy:
1. The value of the item is in the collectible packaging, not in the tobacco itself.
2. The packaging has not been opened, but the tobacco within is not intended for consumption.
3. This item is not available at any retail outlet, and the packaging has a value that substantially exceeds the current retail price of the tobacco product in the package.
4. As the seller, I will take steps to ensure that the buyer of this collectible packaging is of lawful age in the buyer and seller's jurisdiction (generally 18 years old).
5. Buyers and sellers both ensure that the sale complies with all applicable laws and shipping regulations.
These are highly collectible. They are worth significantly more than their retail value. These are for collectible purposes only and not for consumption. By bidding on this auction you are stating that you are 18 years of age or older! Don't let these pass you by. They are real vintage collectible item. I can have them to you by Christmas. Good luck and Good Bidding
Items in the Worthopedia are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs.