If you're gonna put out a box set that really offers something to the devoted fans of an artist, this four-CD package is the way to do it. It's not so much a best-of or career retrospective as a very generous collection of career-spanning material that will genuinely add a new dimension to the Stevie Ray Vaughan listener's library, as fully two-thirds of the 54 tracks were previously unreleased. In addition, of the songs that have been previously available, five of those are cuts on which Vaughan was a sideman or partner (for Johnny Copeland, Albert King, Lonnie Mack, A.C. Reed, and as part of the Vaughan Brothers), so the Vaughan collector might have missed those in the past. Each of the first three discs clock in at more than 75 minutes, progressing from 1977 to 1990 and emphasizing live material, from soundchecks and radio programs to arena-headlining gigs and three solo acoustic tunes from a 1990 MTV Unplugged episode. The earliest and leanest cuts are a valuable supplement to Vaughan's discography, since he didn't have much opportunity to record until the early '80s. The fourth disc is a DVD with five never-aired and never-issued performances from an episode of the television program Austin City Limits, recorded on October 10, 1989; the 72-page booklet of essays, appreciative quotes from several dozen peers, and more are other bonuses. Personnel: Stevie Ray Vaughan (vocals, electric & double-neck guitars); Johnny Copeland, Albert King (vocals, guitar); A.C. Reed (vocals, saxophone); Denny Freeman, Joel Perry, Marvin Jackson, Jeff Beck (guitar); Jimmy Vaughan (double-neck electric guitar); Joe Sublett (saxophone); Stan Szelest (piano, organ); Ken Vangel, Tony Llorens, Richard Hilton (piano); Reese Wynans (keyboards); Alex Napier, Jackie Newhouse, Brian Miller, Gus Thornton, Tommy Shannon, Tim Drummond, Freddie Dixon (bass); Rodney Craig, Casey Jones (drums, background vocals); Chris Layton, Jimmy Wormworth, Michael Llorens, Dennis O'Neal, Terry Bozzio (drums); Paul Ray, Angela Strehli, Miranda Louise, Vicki Hardy (background vocals). Producers include: Gary Heil, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Wayne Bell, Richard Mullen, Dan Doyle. Recorded between 1977 & 1990. Includes liner notes by Anne Richards, Margaret Moser, Alan Paul, Andy Aledort, Jack Chase. (web review)
CD Description : This awesome three CD plus one DVD Box Set is new & sealed , clean & pristine, small cutout through barcode on back . The pictures in this listing are of the actual item you will receive. Made in the USA. Check out our store listings for many more CD's, vinyl records, clothing, magazines and more, everything reasonably priced. We ship worldwide in very secure packaging and shipping costs will be combined on multiple purchases. Any questions, please email us.
1. Thunderbird (previously unreleased)
2. I'm Cryin' (previously unreleased)
3. You're Gonna Miss Me Baby (previously unreleased)
4. They Call Me Guitar Hurricane (live)
5. All Your Love I Miss Loving (live)
6. Come on (Pt. III) (previously unreleased)
7. Letter to My Girlfriend (previously unreleased)
8. Lenny (previously unreleased)
9. Don't Lose Your Cool (previously unreleased, live)
10. Crosscut Saw (previously unreleased, live)
11. Manic Depression (previously unreleased, live)
12. Texas Flood (live)
13. Collins' Shuffle (previously unreleased, live)
14. Pride and Joy
15. Love Struck Baby (previously unreleased, live)
16. Hug You Squeeze You (live)
17. Don't Stop by the Creek, Son
18. Ask Me No Questions
1. Scuttle Buttin'
2. Couldn't Stand the Weather
3. Empty Arms
4. Little Wing / Third Stone From The Sun (previously unreleased, live)
5. If You Have to Know
6. These Blues Is Killing Me
7. Boilermaker (previously unreleased)
8. Change It
9. Shake 'N Bake (previously unreleased)
10. Mary Had a Little Lamb (live)...
Items in the Worthopedia are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members’ research needs.