Embossed & Enscribed Words / Numbers:
Grinder Body: L.F.&C. NEW BRITAIN CONN. U.S.A.
No. 1 UNIVERSAL FOOD CHOPPER
PAT. OCT. 12, 1887 - APR. 18, 1898 - AE. SEPT. 5,1898
Hand Crank: PAT. MAY 15, 1900 - CANADA PAT. OCT 12, 1897
GREAT BRITAIN 2432697 D.R.P. No. 194782
BREVETE SG.DG. 1897 BELGIUM 139448
MADE BY LANDERS FRARY & CLARK
Condition: All of the pieces are original and in great working condition. There are spots of minor rust on the chopping blade and screws but the small rust spots are only on the surface and is not invasive to the metal - I did not clean but could easily be done using a piece of steel wool. The grinder has internal and external scratches from being used as do the other parts and pieces but there are no dings or dents that take away from the eye appeal of this grinder. The wooden grip handle is intact without any cracks but it does show wear from the years of use. The wood is almost 'preserved' and smoothed over from the many hours of a hand turning this grinder. There is a brass ring at the base of the wooden grip handle where it attaches to the crank / lever which has slightly oxidized over the years and there is a tiny amount of green tarnish that appears on the wooden grip handle near the brass ring. The brass could be polished but I find this very appealing - as some would say, it has great patina.
Shipping and Other Notes:
1. As a picker, I seek out vintage collectibles that I am especially proud to have found and picked. I
enjoy discovering pieces of history and passing them along to folks who will cherish and
appreciate them as much as I do.
2. I am not a dealer. I go on picks when I have free time to do so. Most of the pieces that I discover
are found in old barns, attics, and estates where they have sat untouched for many years. I
will occasionally clean a piece gently and appropriately in order to show the buyer a good
representation of the sale item.
3. I do my best to list and describe each item as accurately as I can. If you have specific questions
or would like to view addition photos, I will be happy to help.
4. I will pack each item with the care and attention that I would expect to receive.
5. Shipping will be timely and as reasonably priced as possible.
6. Treat one as you would want to be treated. This lesson taught to me by my mother will be
reflected for each transaction.
7. Semper Fidelis: Always Faithful. Another valuable lesson instilled during my honorable service
with the United States Marine Corps. I promise honesty and integrity to make each sale an
enjoyable and positive experience.
Thanks for taking a look and please check out my other great finds!