#2576 Obsolete Circa 1950 MONTE CARLO Las Vegas 4th Edition Casino Chip

The chip in the photos (#2576) is the chip that will be shipped to the buyer.

DESCRIPTION: This is a rare and hard to find (circa 1950) casino chip from the old original Monte Carlo Club, which was located on Fremont Street in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada, from 1945 to 1955. The chip has no denomination, and its color is red, with a wide black stripe through its center. The name, "MONTE CARLO" is hot stamped in gold foil in the chip's center. Both sides of the chip are identical.

SIZE: The chip measures 1 9/16 inch in diameter X 1/8 inch thick.

EDITION: 4th

MOLD DESIGN: The mold design is called "TK."

CONDITION: The chip's condition is New. Even though it was made circa 1950, it has never been used, and has crisp features and a sharp edge. It will stand on edge. It is in excellent condition.

MONTE CARLO CLUB HISTORY : The Monte Carlo Club was owned by Wilbur Clark before he was involved with the Desert Inn on the Las Vegas Strip. Plus, the Monte Carlo Club was the first business in Las Vegas to install an electric sign that did anything other than just light up. The Monte Carlo's sign (directly above the entrance) had a ring of light bulbs around its perimeter that sequentially blinked on and off in rapid succession, thus creating a directional motion effect.

OUR POLICIES & SHIPPING
... read more