This is a VERY RARE collector's item! On the 25th Anniversary of his first album's release, Johnny Cash hired the famous designer Manuel to custom-make 25 jackets for his family and key band members. This jacket belonged to his ex-son-in-law, Bill Brim, and is #22 out of ONLY 25 ever created!! (22 is embroidered on the jacket's inside tag).
Manuel, the jacket's designer, is world renown for his amazing designs. Below are examples of some of his other work:
* The Lone Ranger's mask
* Uniforms for the cover of The Beatles' "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
* Elvis' white rhinestone jumpsuit
* James Dean's "Giant" wardrobe
* John Travolta's wardrobe for "Urban Cowboy"
* Robert Redford's wardrobe for "The Electric Horseman"
* Bob Dylan's Pope suit
* The Grateful Dead skull-and-roses logo
* Johnny Cash's signature black suits
The name "Bill," is embroidered on the front left hand side of jacket. The tag inside the coat is embroidered: "Designed for: B. Brimm 22".
The back of this jacket is stunning. Large, beautifully embroidered cursive letters spell out: "Johnny Cash 1980 Silver".
The outside of the coat is a tan satiny material, the inside is beautifully lined with black satiny... read more