Wallick’s Hotel Cabaret New York - 1913 Silver Bud Vase
- Source: eBay
Historically, the hotel originally opened in the 1880’s as the Barrett House. The impressive 8-story hotel was located at the corner of Broadway and 43rd Street. In 1905, the hotel was sold to the Wallick Brothers, Louis C. Wallick and Adrian L. Wallick. They continued to operate the hotel under the name of the Cadillac until 1913, when they changed the name and venue of the hotel to the Wallick. The hotel became very famous for it’s cabaret shows, restaurant, and hotel accomidations. It became a primary social point in New York City; especially, before the onset of Prohibition.
In about 1919 or 1920 and after the onset of Prohibition, the Wallicks sold the hotel. The new owners renamed the hotel “The Cadillac” Hotel. It continued to operate up through the Great Depression. However by 1... read more